Tuesday, July 08, 2014

The Way You Will Go by Sandra Kolankiewicz


My friend Sandra Kolankiewicz has a new poem of poems coming out called The Way You Will Go, and she needs to have a certain number of pre-release sales.  
Sandra is a terrific writer.   Here's my short Amazon review of her previous book:

I really can’t tell you how good these poems are because I like them too much. Sandra Kolankiewicz, through some kind of emotional osmosis or psychological transference, has the gift of telling me what I think and feel and dream in ways that confound me with their clarity and vision.

Really.

I open a poem of hers like “A Long Toothed Dilemma,” and I read about her difficulty in expressing what her self is and I know immediately she has someone stepped into my soul and come out with a certainty and understanding that I wish I had.


When I read her poems, I feel what I feel when I read the great poets, Dickinson, Whitman, and Donne, a stillness and clarity that makes sense of all the confusions in the world and in my self. 
______________________________

Here's a poem from Sandra's new book.  If you like the poem, please consider ordering a copy at this link: https://finishinglinepress.com/product_info.php?products_id=2120


Claudia, 19 East, Bed A

She was once the mist weaving its way through the valley.
She clung to leaves,
melted, dropped.
The ground was soft because of her.
Now despair is the steam rising from the breakfast tray.
Like the fan above a stove,
she draws it in.
Strapped into her chair,
diapered under her gown,
she rubs her eyes,
mutters to her palms:
Father will be there,
Mother will be there,
and we will all be clean.


No comments: