Monday, November 17, 2008

Kitchen Remodeling

Linda has been asking me (I won't say nagging) to get these pictures of the remodeling up. Here are the pictures and some words Linda wrote about the project:

Hi, everyone. You suffered with me during the remodeling. Here are photos of the finished project (well, not quite finished, we're still waiting for a shelf, but I am not going to ask again unless I get another bill. Billing stopped a month ago, so I figure I'm somewhat ahead right now on all of this).

John's posting before and after pictues. We did wind up losing my lovely built-in spice cabinet, a project I did myself this summer, but I was willing to lose it to get the rest of the job completed.

Wood floors, granite countertop, built-in microwave, under-the-counter sink, gas range -- we're hoping this will all come back to us when we sell the house. In any case, this is part one of the project. John will do a blog with photos of the remodeled bathrooms after we get this first blog on the kitchen up.

Here are the before pictures:


 

 
Posted by Picasa


And these are the after pictures:

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


 

 

Posted by Picasa

 

 


 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tania Rochelle said...

That is one SWEET kitchen!

Marty said...

Hey, throw some spaghetti sauce around in there. It's way too clean. Nice job, John. Hello, Linda.

John Guzlowski said...

You ought to see it when I'm making gypsy soup.

There's pumpkin and cumin everywhere you step, paprika dripping from the cat's paws. We clean it with a shovel and jugs of chlorine.

But if you're determined to clean it--it stays that way.

That's one of the joys of retirement--you got all the time you need to keep the floors and the livestock clean as spring.